- A morning of going to Mass (how sweet that was!), taking a cup of coffee-house coffee to my husband at his office, visiting with his colleagues, and perusing the public library – sans bébé. Yes, you read that right. One of our new friends, an angel heaven-sent, offered to take The Boy for the morning. Can I get an Amen?
- A husband who, after pulling double-duty all weekend with one cranky toddler and one sick and cranky wife, still manages to be even-tempered, pleasant, patient, and willing to do the morning dishes.
- A snuggly boy.
- Waking up at 1:30 a.m. for no good reason. In my
insanity drowsiness, I had an imaginary conversation with imaginary Québécois while on a future research trip for my novel, in French. I consequently realized that, though I am still a beginning French speaker, I’m retaining and capable of employing more French than I previously judged.
- Finding a potential yoga class at an awesome price, all because it’s at the pool where we had already decided to get a membership for the kiddo’s sake (we’ll need someplace to go when the weather starts to turn!). Folks, dig this: Two months of classes, twice a week, an hour each session, for the members’ rate of $25.
- Finally having curtains.
- Friends who a) like me, b) pray for me, c) invite me over to their house, d) write me and read my blog and fb posts, even though I’m sometimes a lousy correspondent.
- Feeling better. Thanks be to God.