Linking up with Jen at the always-interesting Conversion Diary.
1. Stayed up late and woke up early:
2. (We’ve been on a Singing in the Rain kick around here – can you tell?)
3. The God’s Embrace Renewal Center is offering a program of spiritual formation to both parishes here in my town, and, hearing hints of deification/theosis language in the leader’s pitch for the program (having heard all about deification from my patristic-studying husband), I decided to look into it.
Verdict: Meat-and-potatoes. They’re giving us real stuff, and without being draconian and Pharisaical.
What has struck me most is the presence of joy in the facilitators of the program. You can’t fake that funk, you know? Joy means something.
Stay tuned; I’m sure I’ll be writing more about this program.
4. Of course, meat-and-potatoes is hard to follow through on. There is much Resistance (thank you, Steven Pressfield) against doing an examination of conscience every night. Of course! Because it’s worth doing! And because I have to, you know, look at myself honestly.
And then, reading Scripture every day…
Parts of the program are easier for me than others, and, thankfully, the program lays a “table of plenty.” But, still. Darn concupiscence.
5. Speaking of joy, do you remember my pondering over “learning the craft of writing” several months ago? You do? Good. Happily, I’m no longer seeking an answer to that conundrum. I can take classes, either enrolled as a matriculating student or as a guest, at the college where my husband teaches, for FREE! No waiting period.
Can I get a wha-wha?
6. And, thanks to my mother-in-law, I finished the application. Wha-wha, redux.
Speaking of, follow the linky on that post to join up with Colleen and her Attitude of Gratitude. You won’t be sorry!
7. Oh, Canada!
(Longest post I’ve written in several months. Have fun.)
UPDATE: Check out Dwija’s post and see all my scandalous doings here in Michigan.
That’s all for me! Quick Takes done quickly and without editing – for once. Hop along, Cassidy, to the other linky-uppers.